Your information remains safe and guarded with us,
when you share them with Zeno. To foster this trust, this policy document
describes the information we collect and how it is used and the choices you have.
Data Collections And Uses
This policy covers all Zeno users including website, app, features or other services anywhere in the world.
It describes how Zeno collects and use personal information to provide and fulfil its service commitments
This policy specifically applies to:
• Riders: users who book and share rides
• Drivers: users who drive available vehicles
• Partners: users who provide assets either individually or
as a company but not available to drive
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy. The practices described
in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate.
We process personal information inside and outside of all our coverage areas
If you live in Nigeria, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Zeno or its affiliates is:
Zeno Digital Ltd
19a Chesachi Hani Okororafor close, Lekki Phase1, Lagos
Questions, comments and complaints about Zeno's data practices can be submitted to Zeno's data protection office through firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information We Collect
• Information when you create your Zeno account.
• Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
• Information from other sources that use Zeno APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Zeno:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
• User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Zeno account.
This information may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password,
address, information regarding your transit patterns (including home and work address)
payment or banking information (including related payment verification information),
driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature.
This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers.
This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Zeno account.
• Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Zeno as a driver.
This information may be collected by us or a 3rd party.
• Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys.
• User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Zeno customer support,
provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Zeno.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
• Location Information
Depending on the Zeno services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions,
we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
• If you are a driver, Zeno collects location information when the app is running in the foreground
(app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
• If you are a rider and have provided permission for the processing of location data,
Zeno collects location information when the Zeno app is running in the foreground.
• In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during
your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Zeno to collect your location information.
• Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested
or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and payment method. Additionally,
if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times,
app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service
you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information
through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
• Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models,
device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages,
unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
• Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and Zeno through the Zeno apps, websites, and other services.
For example, we enable drivers and riders, to call or text each other. To provide this service, Zeno receives some
information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications.
Zeno may also use this information for customer support services
(including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes,
to improve our products and services and for analytics.
3. Information from other sources
These may include:
• User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
• Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
• Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• Zeno business partners through which you create or access your Zeno account, such as payment providers,
social media services, or apps or websites who use Zeno’s APIs or whose API Zeno uses
• Insurance providers (if you are a driver).
• Financial services providers (if you are a driver).
• Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
• The owner of a Zeno for Business profile that you use.
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
Zeno may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
In other to provide a great service, we use the information we collect:
• To enhance the safety and security of our users and services.
• For customer support.
• For research and development.
• To enable communications to or between users.
• To provide promotions or contests.
• In connection with legal proceedings.
Zeno does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Zeno uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Zeno uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services.
This includes using the information to:
• Create and update your account.
• Verify your identity.
• Enable transportation, and other services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable
Dynamic Pricing, in which the price of a bus ride is determined based on distance and a car ride on constantly varying
factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers
using Zeno at a given moment.
• Process or facilitate payments for those services.
• Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
• To track the progress of your ride.
• Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you
submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Zeno, split fares, or share your ETA.
• Enable features to personalize your Zeno account, such as creating bookmarks
for your favourite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including
troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing,
and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
• Screening drivers prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of
background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
• Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and
acceleration, and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviours.
• Video surveillance system that provides real time video and audio fields while in transit.
• SOS button available to drivers and users to engage us in time of danger, also to engage
and dispatch security operatives to last known location if need be
• Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or
unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information to identify practices or patterns that indicate
fraud or risk of safety incidents.
• Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users
with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an
automated decision making process..
3. Customer support
Zeno uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent)
to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person.
• Investigate and address your concerns.
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses.
4. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and
enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions
in connection with our services.
5. Communications among users
Zeno uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example,
a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location.
6. Communications from Zeno
Zeno may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions,
studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Zeno may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related
awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners.
You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a Zeno user.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use
of Zeno services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities,
and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
and online ads for purposes described in this policy.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites,
• Authenticating users.
• Remembering user preferences and settings.
• Determining the popularity of content.
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
• Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of
people who interact with our services We may also allow others to provide audience measurement and analytics
services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet, and to track and report on the
to identify your device when you visit our site and use our services, as well as when you visit other
online sites and services.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Zeno's products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request.
We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or
in connection with claims or disputes.
Zeno may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
• For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by
drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers. If you sharing a ride trip with another
rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or drop-off location.
• If you are a driver, we may share information with your rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make,
model, colour, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by riders; total number of trips;
for how long you have been using the Zeno app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws).
If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile,
including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider
recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your
first name, photo, and a map of the route you took.
2. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
• Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA
and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you are sharing the cost of a ride
• Zeno business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional
offering made by a third party, Zeno may share your information with those third parties. This may include,
for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or services, or those
with an API or service with which we integrate,
or business partners with whom Zeno may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Zeno blogs, social media,
and certain features on our network.
When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With the owner of Zeno accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile.
This occurs, for example, if you are:
• A rider using your employer’s Zeno for Business profile
• A driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company.
• A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
5. With Zeno subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct
data processing on our behalf.
With Zeno service providers and business partners
Zeno may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms,
and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
• Payment processors and facilitators.
• Background checks providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
• Cloud storage providers.
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
• Data analytics providers.
• Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Zeno or on Zeno’s behalf.
• Vendors that assist Zeno to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
• Fleet partners.
• Insurance and financing partners.
• Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Zeno may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement,
legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports
(if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties
as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Zeno’s rights or property or
the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services.
If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder,
including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger,
sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by
or into another company.
8. With your consent
Zeno may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Zeno retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Zeno account.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Zeno deletes the
information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Zeno app, or via Zen's website .
Following such request, Zeno deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances,
Zeno may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved
claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Zeno will delete your account as described above.
Zeno may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users'
safety and security. For example, if Zeno shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Zeno may retain
certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Zeno account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Zeno provides means for you to see and control the information that Zeno collects, including through:
• in-app privacy settings
• device permissions
• in-app ratings pages
• marketing opt-outs
You may also request that Zeno provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
A. PRIVACY SETTINGS
• Location Information
• Zeno uses rider's device location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable ride whenever you need one.
Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
• You may enable/disable, or adjust, Zeno's collection of rider location information at any
time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Zeno app, or via the settings on your mobile device.
If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the Zeno app will be affected. For example,
you will need to manually enter your pickup or dropoff locations. In addition, location information
will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Zeno to collect your location information.
• Share Live Location (Riders)
• If you have enabled the device location services on your mobile device, you may also enable Zeno to share your
location with your driver from the time you request a ride to the start of your trip. This makes it easier for your driver to pick you up.
• Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
• Zeno provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Zeno app,
and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the Zeno app.
• Notifications: Discounts and News
• You may enable Zeno to send you push notifications about discounts and news from Zeno.
You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Zeno app.
B. DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without
your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert
you the first time the Zeno app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request.
Android devices will
notify you of the permissions that the Zeno app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
C. RATINGS LOOK-UP
After every trip, riders are able to rate drivers, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This system holds drivers accountable
for their behaviour. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both drivers and riders.
Your driver rating is available in the Ride Details Interface.
D. EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that Zeno:
• Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Zeno has collected about you and how it uses that information.
• Receive a copy of the information Zeno has collected about you.
• You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Zeno's apps.
You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Zeno apps.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Zeno apps or through others means, such as email.
To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.